Developing New Professionals: How to Hire and Equip a New MGO
Dr. Scott Rodin
Dr. Jay Barber
How to hire and train a new MGO for early success and long-term effectiveness, setting goals and metrics.
This session will help you learn the qualities to seek in a Major Gift Officer. Additional key takeaways include how to help your MGO’s:
- Develop a strategy to get in front of the right donors to reach their fundraising goals;
- Earn the steps it takes to ask donors for a gift and invite them to partner with your organization in a relational and not transactional way;
- Tell donors the story of your ministry and impact in a compelling annual Case for Support;
- Create a segmented and prioritized list of donors that will help your MGOs maintain effectiveness and efficiency; and
- Write and implement an annual fundraising plan.
We'd love to learn more about your work, and how we can help!